Thursday, January 7, 2010

Self Portrait time

I tried to take a self portrait that was stripped of everything.. more natural I guess? But I suppose natural isn't the right word since I have make up on but, hopefully you get it. Here it is:




Not that exciting.. but I wasn't in the mood for anything elaborate.
It has been a tough couple of weeks for my family. My dad suffered a heart attack the day after Christmas and had quadruple bypass surgery about a week ago. He's home now and recovering faster than anyone expected. My oldest brother, John, came all the way from Georgia to be here with us (my other older siblings were all here too) and the day after he got back to Georgia, his wife went to the hospital for chest pains. If not for our deep faith in the Lord and knowing He never gives us more than we can handle, I think we'd all be losing our minds.
Here is my dad before bypass surgery:

My father really is a fighter. He's determined to get better and he's so thankful to be alive. He's excited to see was God has in store for him and so are we. :)

A part of me doesn't want to leave my family right now. I've been trying to help my mom out, making meals, getting dad things when she's busy. I worry about them a lot... I know my mom can handle taking care of dad on her own, especially when he's doing so well but, I hate to leave them now.
But, another part of me is missing my apartment and my studio. My own spaces and my artwork. So, starting school next week is going to be bittersweet, I think.

0 Comments: