Monday, January 25, 2010

Paint is good

I've been painting all day today. It feels so good to be painting and relaxed. I've been stressed out over my paintings for the last year. I think I took a turn where I was trying to please my professors and I ended up not doing work that was true to myself. I'm transitioning into faith based work now and it just feels so right. The paint flows easier, my work looks better (to me at least) and I feel like I'm being myself again. I'm finishing up one of the paintings from last semester (not faith based) and its almost done:

There's still a bit of shading work to be done and... I do think I should give her an eye!
I have some good food stuff to share as soon as I download the pictures off my camera. After my 7 hour cleaning spree, I've been baking and cooking non-stop. Cookies, almond chocolate chip banana bread, bacon wrapped chicken... And I'm sure I'm not done!

1 Comment:

Teresa said...

Yummers! And yes, she needs an eye. :) love you!!!