Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Starting Over

So, I finished this painting:



While I like the subject and the idea of the painting, I felt like my painting skills were lacking in this piece. After getting feedback from faculty members, they seemed to agree. So now it looks like this:


I've been mulling over this for a couple weeks. I couldn't decide if I wanted to completely start over on this painting or not. But I felt like the content deserves the best painting I can do and I didn't give it that the first time. So, I made the decision two days ago and just started sanding it down. And I've started over. This time I'm using the same technique I used for my tree headed painting. I felt like, technique wise, that was one of my better paintings. We'll see if this one turns out better but I feel like it will. I'm also adding a couple more things to it beside re-doing the figure. When I'm done, I'll post the before and after!

0 Comments: